Ricoh voltooit overname van IKON Office Solutions.Inc
Tokyo - 1 November 2008 - Ricoh Company Ltd. (TSE: 7752, RICOH)(Directeur & CEO: Shiro Kondo) heeft bekend gemaakt dat het de eerdere aankondiging van de overname van IKON Office Solutions Solutions, Inc. (IKON) door Ricoh's dochteronderneming en distributeur in de V.S., Ricoh Americas Corporation (RAC), op 31 Oktober 2008 (EST) heeft voltooid.
Lees verder, het volledige Engelse persbericht:
1. Acquisition outline
IKON Office Solutions, Inc.
The transaction was implemented by merging an acquisition subsidiary wholly owned by RAC, Keystone Acquisition, Inc. with and into IKON. Post merger, only IKON remains.
U.S. $1.632 billion (approx. JPY 163.2 billion) based on an offer of U.S. $17.25 per share.
*Exchange rate is U.S. $1 = JPY100.00 based on our assumption for the third and fourth quarter.
2. Expected impact on Ricoh consolidated business results for the year ending March 31, 2009
We expect that revenue will increase by JPY 143 billion over and above the JPY 2,150 billion projected on October 28, 2008.
We do not foresee any material impact on operating income, income before income taxes and net income.
*The Company bases the forecast estimates for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2009 above upon information currently available to management, which involves risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected.
Overview of IKON
- Name of Corporation: IKON Office Solutions, Inc.
- Location: Malvern, Pennsylvania USA
- Year of foundation 1952
- Overview of Business: Distribution, support and service of multifunction printers, fax, printers and other office equipment, managed and professional services
- Fiscal Year End: End of September
- Consolidated Revenue: U.S. $4,167 million (Fiscal Year ended September 30, 2008)
- Consolidated Total Assets: U.S. $2,966 million (As of September 30, 2008)
- Shareholders’ Equity: U.S. $1,408 million (As of September 30, 2008)
- Representative: Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Matthew J. Espe
- Employees: Approximately 24,000 (As of September 30, 2008)
- Locations: Over 400 in North America and Western Europe